DJS House, 183 Holyhead Road, Birmingham, West Midlands, B21 0BD

Household Insurance

Your home/house is often the biggest investment you will make in your life, so getting the right insurance in place for your home is important. Here at Crownsway Insurance Brokers Limited we offer you advice to ensure that you have the right cover in place.

0121 554 3566
Get In Touch

What does Household Insurance cover?

The level of cover you get is dependent upon what you have requested and the premium paid. Below is a list of cover that are on offer, some are subject to additional premium;

  • Fire damage
  • Storm damage
  • Theft
  • Flood
  • Subsidence
  • Accidental damage to Building and Contents
  • Relocation due to inhabitable property
  • Contents Cover


How much building cover do you need?

Ensuring that you have adequate building cover is important, you don’t want to over insure and pay over the odds for cover you don’t need but at the same time you don’t want to under insure and be left with an insurance shortfall. Getting the rebuild value of the building right is important in ensuring the cover you have in place is correct. 

If you have just bought your home, the rebuild cost should be on the mortgage valuation. Otherwise, many insurers offer free online calculators. Or, you could visit the website of the Association of British Insurers, which has lots of useful information, including a calculator. If you are still unsure its best to seek professional advice from a surveyor who will guide you on the rebuild value of your property. We have dedicated Surveyors who are on hand to assist you with any survey requirements. Please feel free to contact Crownsway who can advise on survey matters.

How much contents cover do you need?

The contents in your property could be more valuable than you think, never underestimate the value of your contents.  It is important to ensure that you have ample cover for contents in place. The best way to make sure you have adequate cover is to walk round your house room by room and make an inventory of your possessions. Jewellery, computers, iPods – they can all add up to quite a sum. And don’t forget the contents of your shed. Contents also include clothes, furniture, carpets and curtains. If you are unsure, it might help if you think of the things you would take with you if you were to move house.

Quick Contact Links

Call us

Chat with us

Live Chat

Contact form

Contact Us

Contact Us
close slider

    By filling in this form you give Crownsway Insurance Brokers Limited consent for us to email/contact you. You can opt out by unsubscribing via the email offers we will send out.