DJS House, 183 Holyhead Road, Birmingham, West Midlands, B21 0BD

Landlord Emergency Cover

It is compulsory that residential landlords have a Gas Safety Certificate which most landlords fail to comply with. Therefore, we are pleased to provide Home Emergency cover for landlords. Below are examples of cover available. If you wish to place cover or require further information, please complete the contact me form for a call back.

0121 554 3566
Get In Touch

Home Emergency Premier for Residential Landlord

Cover includes

Mains Gas boiler and Central Heating

  • Controls
  • Radiators
  • Mains Gas central heating
  • An Annual mains gas boiler service
  • Mains Gas boilers up to 15 years old covered
  • £250 towards a new gas boiler if beyond economical repair for boilers under 7 years of age


Plumbing and Drainage

  • Burst pipes – Covers all materials, excluding lead piping;
  • Sudden leakage including joints and bends (including weather damage);
  • Blocked drains including sewage outlets;
  • Leaks and blockages of the sink and toilet;
  • Utility Pipe leaks and blockages (includes pipework from and to appliances);
  • Overflow problems;
  • Accidental damage caused by nails, screws or drills;


Main Supply Pipes – Water

From stopcock up to and including property and boundaries

  • Burst pipes;
  • Sudden leakage including general wear and tear (excludes lead piping);
  • Collapsed pipes including general wear and tear (excludes lead piping);
  • Investigative work;
  • Blockages;
  • Replacement of any sections of collapsed pipe work;


Home Electrics

  • Internal electrics including full wiring systems around the property;
  • Accidental damage to electrical wiring;
  • Rodent damage to electrical wiring;


Internal Gas Supply

Call-out and emergency repairs required as a result of a home emergency involving a leak to the internal gas supply pipe between the meter and a gas appliance in your home.


Annual Mains Gas Boiler Service and Gas Safety Record

15 point check for Mains Gas boilers covers:

  • Heat exchanger
  • Burners
  • Injectors
  • Flame picture
  • Ignition
  • Electrics
  • Controls
  • Gas and water leakages
  • Gas connections
  • Seals
  • Pipe work and fan

For safety they will also check:

  • Ventilation
  • Flue termination
  • Pressure
  • Safety devices

A gas analyser is used to give precise readings for the checks carried out.


Gas Safety Checks and Gas Safety Record

Gas safety checks will be carried out by a suitably qualified and registered engineer and the results recorded on a Landlord Gas Safety Record form with copies being provided to the landlord and tenant.


Home Security

  • Locksmith to make the property safe;
  • Boarding up of windows as a result of break in or vandalism;
  • Replacement locks and keys for front/main door due to loss or damage including key snapped in lock


Pest control

  • Internal and external including sheds and garages;
  • Hornets/wasps/rats/mice;
  • Sourcing and removal


Glazing and Windows

The replacement of broken or cracked glass in a window in your home with glass conforming to BS6206 where required by regulations or otherwise with glass conforming to BS6262 if this can be undertaken during the same call-out.


Emergency Accommodation

If your home is made uninhabitable due to a home emergency we will provide up to a total of £500 for hotel accommodation.

Excess: Option of £75 or no excess

Quick Contact Links

Call us

Chat with us

Live Chat

Contact form

Contact Us

Contact Us
close slider

    By filling in this form you give Crownsway Insurance Brokers Limited consent for us to email/contact you. You can opt out by unsubscribing via the email offers we will send out.